Tips and Tricks
Smiling with your eyes:
Practise looking at yourself in the mirror and smiling with your eyes. This is simply relaxing the mouth and using the bottom ocular muscle and lifting the bottom eye lid into a soft smile. The mouth can remain closed or slightly open with the bottom lip dropped. This will give you a bit of confidence when I show you how to do it in person during your session.
Hands play a very prominent role in my photographs. Practise relaxed “ballet” hands touching the outside parts of your body: We want the hands to relaxed and soft.
Practise putting your weight on one foot and kicking your hip out in the mirror on the weight bearing the leg and crossing the opposite knee across the other. This creates the perfect “S” curve in the body and creates a slimming effect. Watch out for the “tea potting” which is when your hip and opposite shoulder go in different directions.
How to prepare for a successful photography session:
-Get plenty of rest for a few days before your shoot.
-Increase your water intake and stay away from alcohol; which can make you bloated and puffy a few days ahead.
-Shave your legs, armpits and other areas needed the morning of your shoot. If you wax, plan on doing it at least 5 days ahead.
- Get a manicure and pedicure. It makes a big difference in your pictures.
- Get your hair done before your shoot. A fresh cut and colour always make you look your best.
- Don't tan in a tanning salon or in the sun a few days before your shoot. You don't want to come in with red blotchy skin and tan lines are not attractive in your photographs.
- Personally, I advise against spray tans they tend to look orange in your pictures.
- IMPORTANT - For best results in your photo session, having your professional hair and makeup done, it makes a HUGE difference in your final pictures since the studio lighting and the retouching is washing you out to start with, professional makeup is essential for a successful session.
- Come to your session in loose fitting clothing, you don't want any lines or imprint on your body from your lingerie or clothing.
- Arrive with clean, dry hair with no product in it and a clean face so the make up artist has a "clean canvas" to start with.
- Keep Calm and have a great time. We will take good care of you :)
What To Bring
Nude Strapless bra + matching nude thong (no show panties are preferred)
Black strapless bra and matching knickers
Skin toned party hose with no seams
A pair of slippers or flip flops to walk around the studio
Any gowns, lingerie or vintage items you may have to make your session unique.
Hair extensions (real hair only) - optional
There is no need to bring shoes or cosmetics to your shoot.
Please let us know if you have any skin allergies prior to your session.